Years ago, when I first tried my hand at blogging, I took a more radical approach to the craft. I adopted a sort of “in-your-face” persona and wrote a lot of topical stuff, often humorous, yet edged with sarcasm and controversial opinion. I went by the handle, Mephisto-phil-ese. My devilish side flourished in those years, but alas, the blog did not. I cringe now when I revisit some of the stuff I wrote back then. Maybe one piece composed throughout that whole period made it onto my current site.
I’m happy with my more substantive creations now and have a new-found love for poetry and micro-fiction. I offer this preface as a means of filling my Daily Post Keyword requirement yet, more importantly, this is written to celebrate a recent honor bestowed by a fellow writer and poet. I have been kindly nominated by Pakhi, of https://rhymeagination.wordpress.com/ for, drum roll please….
I was both humbled and honored to receive this type of recognition from such a talented writer. Thank you so much Pakhi! You made my day! To have daily readers that seem to enjoy my work is amazing enough for me, but to be nominated with an award, well that’s especially thrilling. I can’t thank you enough.
This award nomination comes with certain strings attached, and I will do my best to abide:
Rules to be followed:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog
- Share seven random facts about yourself
- Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they have been nominated.
7 random facts about me:
- In a previous life (pre-retirement), I was the Chief Financial Officer for a large organization. How I ever managed to handle that freaking load of crap will ever be beyond me.
- I have two failed marriages notched in my past, but two beautiful and talented children to show for my efforts. I love them dearly and they make me proud every day.
- As a young adult, I was so wild and crazy, it took me 10 years to complete my University requirements for a Bachelor’s degree. I eventually settled down and did quite well in my post-graduate studies. I did not, however, complete my PhD.
- I once auditioned for the reality show Survivor. It remains my favorite television show.
- I’m currently working on two books. The first is a bit of a crime thriller set in Richmond, Virginia and Charleston, South Carolina. I hope to sell it to a major publisher. The second book, I’m hoping to self-publish and make available on this blog site. It’s theme will be a “year in the life of a blogger” and will contain much of my verse and short fiction.
- I have travelled to most of the fifty U.S. States. There are only a few I’ve missed, two being Alaska and Hawaii.
- I’m a student of 20th Century British Literature but also adore, to the point of addiction, reading modern-day crime novels by the likes of John Sanford, Greg Iles, and Lee Child.
- I just began writing poetry seriously, within the last 10 months.
Oh, I can stop now with the sharing part. Lastly I will offer my nominations for the Versatile Blogger. These folks are, no doubt, more deserving than I:
Sheryl is an excellent author and offers her wisdom and advice to fellow writers daily. I never miss one of her excellent pieces.
The writing duo behind Pitchforkin are delightful in their approach. I especially love their animal tails, err tales. There truly something for everyone on this site.
Paula has a light-hearted, playful approach to her work that belies a much deeper side. She is a collector of words, many of which she purposely misspells at the delight of her readers. I read all of her playful musings.
Paulina has a simple, honest style that is very appealing. Her passion for writing and life is very evident in her offerings.
A delightful blog richly painted with beautiful photography and heartfelt verses.
Honest feeling and vivid images tied up nicely in lyrical verse. I quite enjoy her work.
Beautifully illustrated and constructed site featuring wonderful poetry.
A young writer with a mission, a passion, and a versatile blog
A fine writer with informative, insightful, and entertaining content
Another fine young writer I recently stumbled upon with a vibrant blog, rich in content.
I think that about does it for my nominational duties. Again, thank you so much for stopping by to read my words.
Peace and Love,
Daily Post Keyword: Radical